Monday, August 29, 2011

WELL BLOW ME DOWN OLIVE! (popeye)

Hey everyone!!! Ok so hurricane Irene did hit us but not bad, it was still very far off the coast, by the time it hit us it was the force of C2 Hurricane, but was a C4 hurricane, all we got was lots and lots of rain and wind. But there are five more hurricanes forming in the Caribbean right now and they are a decent size right now, so we will see what happens. Oh dad my apt number is 6915 Indian Creek apt #4. right across the street basically, a small white building, two stories. OK so the baptisms went well, but it was only one baptism, the Dominicans, Noria Kashmil and Luz needed more time but really want to be baptized, so they will be baptized at some point.  I got some pics with Jorge and I will see if it works in another email. This week was also a tough one, with the hurricane, and with investigators, harvesting the whole deal was difficult.


But on a happier note, Jorge is baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and he feels "new" it was absolutely amazing.  We all had tears in our eyes.  Wow guess what, transfers is next week, I have been here for 6 weeks already?  Dang where does the time go.. it seriously is like a toilet paper roll... that is so awesome that Austyn is headed to the Philippines!  That is incredible.  I remember growing up together, always at each others houses, playing cops and robbers, doing whatever, trampoline, we grew up like brothers, and now we are all grown up and headed on missions and starting our new lives its amazing... I MISS TIIBO!!!!!!!!!!!! lol its so weird...Ok mom, I will see what I can do with the charger deal, but I was able to get some pictures so I will send them via email.   Here I have gained 10 ish pounds and yes I am being fed well, oh, ok Hermana Cecilia Gonsalez, she is amazing and crazy, she loves us, and she is about your age mom, and she is going to send you some pictures to facebook of me with the apron on and stuff and she said she is going to try and call your almost once every week to tell you how I am and how I am doing. She said my Spanish is almost perfect, but I need to understand it first lol.  Ok I got to go and email pics lol... Love you all so much and I thank you for your prayers, but don't stop praying lol
Yours always, even after a bad day
Elder Maki
P.S "we doubt not, our mothers knew it"

No comments:

Post a Comment