Tuesday, August 2, 2011

MIAMI........IT'S HOT!!!

Miami at night


So I had just left to go golfing with D and Nathan, and Tami gets a phone call on our cell phone.  It's Kodi and he's calling from the Dallas/Fortworth airport.  His flight was almost ready to board and he talked to Tami for barely 60 seconds.  He is well and on his way to Florida.....finally!  


So we anxiously waited through the weekend and while I'm out front of the house pulling weeds and sweating like a dog, Tami comes out the front door and says, "We got a letter"!  So here it is.

Dear Mom and the Rest of the Clan
    So imagine this, turning on a shower to the hottest setting, in a tiny bathroom, leaving it on for an hour, having the heat in there turned on as well blowing full blast and walking into the bathroom.  That's what it feels like in Florida right now!  When  I walk outside my classes fog up and I am immediately sweating! lol  I am companions with Elder Stubbs from Colorado. He is amazing and I am serving where I've wanted to go all my life, MIAMI!!!!!!  
It is absolutely beautiful here.  It is a very poor area tho.   Well this week, while I have been here, Elder Stubbs and I added 7 New investigators, two of which have baptismal dates right now.  We have had so many amazing experiences here. I already have a nickname lol from a cuban named Guillermo, he calls me either "Chicomalo" or "Chicomaki" lol.  He is 80 something years old and the language, picture this, Marshmellow on your tongue and no teeth. That's what his cuban sounds like, mostly because he has no teeth lol.  
It is amazing here.  HOT!!  The humidity is crazy, and yes teiler I am burnt lol, no not uncomfortably but the humidity keeps me moisturized so I dont peel.   Our apartment is seriously about 100 yards from the beach, and the apt is a nice one.   I am in the same zone as Elder Beer and Elder Edwards who were in my MTC district, I cant wait to see them!  Last nights lesson with Jorge and Teresa, Jorge is 40 something and teresa is 65 live in the same apt complex as some of our other investigators as well, but they are super prepared, for Jorge I marked Moroni 10: 3-5 and he read it and started crying and he says I already know its true just by reading it, and he accepted Baptism, on the first lesson!  It was amazing.  I have an hour for email now.
Teiler... Que Tal mi amigo? Whats been going on with you?  How are doing?  You excited for school? Probably not right! lol   Dude a mission is the best decision I have ever made, make it part of your plans in your life to serve a mision.  I have seen miracles happen in the week I have been here.  We do a thing while tracting called Harvesting.  It's where you basically dedicate the home and every home we have harvested have called us to come back.  Amazing!  
I will see what I can do with the camera stuff.  It is against the rules to leave the zone area, and Target is outside the zone so its hard that way... Mom I did get your package and please say thank you to the Angela Adams Family for their package as well.  It's always great to chew on something to keep you awake during the 4 hours of study in the morning lol.  Dad or anyone, go on facebook and look for the Florida Fort Lauderdale Mission, there is no more mission blog but a facebook page. Post on my wall how I am doing so all my friends can see it. thx.  To everyone else who cares...lol   My mission is the best decision I ever made, I have seen miracles and helped others to come to the gospel and to come back to Christ.  To all my cousins thinking of serving missions, I am talking to you James and you Ryan, get your papers done NOW, the sooner they are done the sooner you can perform miracles and serve your Saviour.  I am glad I did.  As my mission president says, "What are YOU waiting for?  There are people in the world waiting for you, and you are the only one who can 'save their life' through Christ".

I love you all so much and thank you for everything.
Yours Always even sweaty and roasted
Elder Maki

p.s I will send some pics of florida soon (SD card).

No comments:

Post a Comment