Monday, August 8, 2011

MIAMI HEAT, HURRICANES, AND BAPTISMS.

Hey Mom and everybody!!

      Ok this week was amazing.  It was really really really really hot and humid.  Seriously you walk out side and your shirts sticks to you.   We had an interesting week though. We had a tropical storm warning supposed to hit us on Friday and Saturday and a category 1 hurricane warning, but nothing happened.   
Ok mom, with the harvesting, this is what we say.. door opens "hola somos representantes de Jesucristo, y nos envio para dejar su paz y su bendicion en su hogar, este posible si entramos y dejar este bendicion? translated to "hello we are representatives of Jesus Christ and he sent us here to leave His peace and His blessing in your home, is it possible that we enter and leave this blessing?"  That's what happens.  Then we say for the prayer itself  "In the name of Jesus Christ and by the authority of His priesthood that we hold, we leave the peace and blessing of the Savior in this Home," and then bless all members of the family.  It is so powerful!!!   Just yesterday I gave the blessing and the man was crying.   The spirit was so strong!   As far as with our investigators, Jorge we just added this week, we gave him a baptismal date on the first lesson, and he accepted.  He came to church yesterday and he is coming to the church today to play ping pong with us... Oh btw, this church building is built out of Coral, it is amazing.  When we come back after my mission we are coming to this area.  haha  You don't have a choice in the matter lol.  Yesterday we had five of our investigators at church and all of them have dates for the 27th of august.  We are calling this night "White Night" lol fun eh?  We have a goal of 10 baptisms this night, and I will be in the water!   I am so excited!.  Noria, Kashmil and Luz are our other investigators who are solid!  Noria is the mother of Kashmil, and Luz is the mother of Noria, but they are awesome... oh and Kashmil is cute Teiler lol jk jk. and she is only fourteen anyway lol.  but Jose Rivas is getting baptized as well on the 27th so we have three so far about to be more this week.  Oh the guy with no teeth is a member, but is loosing his mind, literally, and chico-malo translates to "bad-boy" lol and we call him Papito-malo, "little-bad-father" lol... he is like 85 years old tho.  

Ok you better tell T.J to keep his Spanish up cuz I plan on sending him letters solemente (there goes the Spanish again) solely in Spanish.  I miss that kid!  Holy!  Tell James to get on those papers, a mission is the best decision he will ever make.  Was for me.   Tell Ryan to get on them too. 

So the depression of Tropical Storm Emily hit us yesterday just after church and it was fun.  Ok I will write a little something to James and Ryan here so make sure it gets to them.  

James: Dude get on those papers lol, trust me, a mission will be the best decision of your life, the Lord needs your help in the World, he needs you in his army to be a defender of Zion. We are at war against the adversary, the more we have in the Army of God the better.  I feel like I am in the Army of Helaman at times, with the badge I wear on my chest bearing the Name of Christ as my breast plate of righteousness and my helmet of truth, and the B.o.M as the sword.    A bow labelled Power and authority, and an arrow named the spirit.  The bow (power and authority) shoots the arrow (the spirit).  You can't do things with just power or just authority, half a bow, you have to have it all to be able to give the spirit.  Dude I love you a lot and that's why I am telling you this, I promise you as a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ that if you serve a mission, NOW, you will be much happier and more blessed in your life.  Be the person to say, "I am glad I did" not " I wish I had" Love you bro!


Ryan: Basically everything I said to James applies to you too lol.  But now that Erin is married (or getting married sorry don't know the dates of everything) you are now the oldest still at home and you have the greater responsibility, you are the other priesthood holder.  Show the example that Christ would show.  I have seen what can happen if you do so.  So I am saying you can get your papers done and get them off and get out there into the world and become a Defender of Zion also. you can have it  done within 120 days of your birthday, which was a long while ago. I am glad I did.  Let me promise you too, that if you do so, you will see miracles and you will change lives and save lives and see the blessings that the Lord has to offer.

These things I leave with both of you in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen


I am so glad to be here in Miami and to be changing lives here and bringing souls to Christ.  I am glad I made that decision, to serve a mission, who knows where I would be if I didn't.  Mom, you were a perfect Mom.  I wouldn't be here if you weren't.  I love you so much.   Well, stay up to date with the weather here, and then you might get an idea of what is happening with hurricanes and tropical storms and the HEAT!!!!!!!!! Oi.

No comments:

Post a Comment