Monday, September 5, 2011

WHITE NIGHT!

Hey family!!!!!! OK imagine this, Elder Maki, Elder Stubbs, Noria Gomez, and Kashmil Lopez all in WHITE TONIGHT! yup that's right they are being baptized tonight, and wow its been a journey!!! Last night we received a call about transfer info, and ..... we are both staying together and for at least  6 more weeks. I love it here in Miami Beach. Ok so hurricane watch has slowed down a little, and storms are still an every day thing. Oh ya you think it rains a lot when it does where you are at, well here, about the same amount falls in about 10 mins. haha lol... its crazzy.  Ok I need some stuff, my backback is now bothering my shoulder, if at all possible I need one of the camelbacks from home, nice light, enough room for a couple books of Mormon and WATER!! , Its been in the 90's and 100's here lately and its crazazy.  Oh and tonight I will get more pics and hopefully also today we are going to Best Buy and getting a charger if they have one.   Well, what else oh I need some CD's for my investigators lol.   What ever happened to those pics that were taken by Shanna Bickman?  I am waiting lol... I cant even contain my excitement I have for tonight!!! I am finally in the water. I will be baptizing Kashmil because she is lighter than her mom and that will be good for my shoulder. My shoulder (besides being sore from the backpack) is great, the scar is awesome and healed great... it is permanently damaged tho and will never be the same, my arm itself is twisted from the Capsul Shift they did. But all is well and I am pressing forward... We found a man from Peru the other day, really receptive and spiritual, also received a referral from Elder Edwards. Lately daily I have been biking anywhere from 3-16 miles a day.  Depends on where our investigators are at.  So I assume that you have seen my apt. now and we got our inspection the other day.  We passed.  I am now 166 pounds and holding...   The strangest thing I have eaten now, but was extremely delicious (Elder Stubbs didn't really like it) is called Ros de Marino, (rice of a mariner) it has full shrimp (head legs everything) clams, (muscles, and with the shells) and all that oh-so-delicious stuff, for me, Dad and Teiler anyway lol...  When we come back we are having some at Hermano Venagas' house lol... its SOOOOO GOOOD.   Anyway... yesterday, because it was a holiday was spent it prosiliting so thats why I didn't write yesterday.  Oh and tell T.J that I am still writing his letter in spanish lol. Hold Tight... So Jorge is awesome and is so strong in the gospel, and Noria and Kashmil are now preparing for the temple... its amazazing,,, But with the tracting thing, we do not tract, in the FFLM it is called harvesting lol.  Basically the same as tracting, door-to-door but instead of saying we have a msg that will bless your family, we say the Lord sent us here to leave his peace and blessing in your home...and we have had in the last week about 300 door slams lol... so yes we get door slams all the time...any way I need to go so I can write my mission President.   But a quick thing to Teiler, Dude whats up? 12th grade eh? (go Canada) I still have no clue who it is who you are going to date lol... But if I can tell you anything that means everything to me, is to have your mind set on serving a mission, it is the best decision I have ever made, and that you will ever make.


I have seen miracles here in the 6 weeks I have been here.  Especially Noria, Kashmil, Luz, and Jorge.  In all honesty, the Lord has spoken to me, telling me where I should go, what door I should knock, and who needs me, and especially what to say in the blessings of the homes we enter... Let me tell you that the Spirit of God really does feel like a fire is burning and the Lord is leading me with it, to knock not only the doors of houses (or billions of apts) but the doors of the hearts of the children of men. How exquisite is the work of the Lord in my eyes. especially now that I have "locked my heart" and sent the key back home (locked out girls) and now that I have learned how to exercise my faith and how to teach by the spirit.  Because I have done this, I have seen 4 magnificent miracles, one of them is waiting for baptism but the other three are amazing people and I am so grateful I came here to teach them,... when you are tempted, remember this,
I say to my feet "keep still"
I say to my hands "just stay"
I say to my all-over-everywhere self
"I am in charge of you today"
I am the King of ME.

I love you all so very much and I am missing some pics!!! lol send some in that pkg lol
yours always, eternally
Elder Maki

No comments:

Post a Comment