Tuesday, August 16, 2011

MOM'S SPANISH LESSON

Hola mi querido familia,
Como estan? Btw mom that is great, but como estan means how are you all, not how are you lol, how are you is just como esta, no n on the end lol.  (This was in response to Tami starting her letter Como estan?)  This week was absolutely amazing!  We now have five people for sure getting baptized, Jorge, Noria, Kashmil, Luz, and Jose.  I was so excited when Noria Kashmil and Luz accepted.   They accepted the date on Thursday.  Elder Stubbs really wanted to extend the commitment but couldn't find the words,  and the member we had with us couldn't think, and so I extended the commitment and said "Noria, Kashmil, Luz, Elder Stubbs y yo, hemos orado mucho para ustedes, y la respuestas que recibimos, es que ustedes pueden ser listas por bautismo el 27 de agosto.  (Noria, Kashmil, Luz, Elder Stubbs and I, we have been praying much for you and the answer that we have recieved is that you can be ready for baptism the 27 of august.)" and the accepted, it was amazing!!! also the harvesting was picking up too.  We had three blessings last week, but just last night we had three in one night, so its even better this week
The reason I didn't email yesterday is because we had Mission Conference in which we were instructed by Elder M. Russel Ballard, that was amazing.   We had a lightning storm hit us on Saturday I believe, and it was cool.   Oh and the amount of rain that falls in Stirling and all of southern Alberta,  falls in about 10-15 minutes here.  You can't see across the street lol,  and yes we are still out and on our bikes when it happens lol.   It is seriously like jumping into a pool but feel so amazing to cool off a bit.  Oh dad, when we come down after my mission, you are going to loose weight faster than you ever have before... to be honest, after a day in the sun, a rang out my shirt, and about about a pop can worth of sweat came out, gross right? lol smelt bad too... I miss carpet!!!  There is not an ounce of carpet here :(... back to the weight thing, Elder Dowdle, (saw him yesterday I was so happy) has lost about 45 pounds in the 8 weeks he has been here.  he's a slim Jim now lol...  So a week down here exercising like I do in the mornings, you will lose weight FAST!!!  Are James' papers done yet?   What about Ryan's.  if they don't serve mission so help me lol... I will smack them pretty hard!!! lol just kidding, but seriously... Teiler whats up? haven't gotten a letter from you in a while, whats going on chicomalo? lol.  One of the members here, Hermana Carla Sierra (the most amazing member ever, the sweetest loving lady ever) gave me another name, its  what her 3 year old daughter calls me, Elder Miki. lol cute eh? (oh Canadian once again) Oh and I am getting pretty dark, nice little tan line where my watch and where my bracelet is, btw I hate the thing, it gets hot and sweaty and just a pain in the toes.  With TJ, yes please send me his mailing info I would love to send him letters in Spanish to keep him up on it. 
Elder Stubbs is amazing, he is from Colorado, and he has been out for 8 months, which scares me that I have been out for over four already. WOW .  He turns 20 in October, ya not much else to tell, but he is awesome.  With the camera, Dad said that he could get the number off the box that's there and send me the extra battery and charger, and I will just send the SD cards and stuff when I can, not many opportunities.  I am too busy with teaching, we have 12 investigators, 5 with dates, 3 with baptism commitment no dates yet but ya.  I have to email president Anderson now but I will catch you all next Monday ok?


I love you all so much


yours always, Oi whats left of me anyways lol

Elder Miki

No comments:

Post a Comment