Thursday, June 30, 2011

YET ANOTHER WEEK HERE

Ok so finally what I thought was my last Thursday, ended up to be my second last. The Doctor refused to clear me today so now I am here till the July 12 which kinda made me mad cause I just wanna get out there and baptize! lol.  I already have almost full mobility back in my shoulder but oh well.  We got a new district again yesterday, going to NY, Cali, Nicaragua, and Indiana Spanish speaking... No the districts that are in my zone do not always go to Florida, we have some going to Peru, Mexico and Orlando Florida. I am the only one for a long time going to Ft. Lauderdale.  So this week was good, we had our TRC which was good, I've done it all before but oh well... I also got the opportunity to give a blessing to an elder who leaves in a week who basically doesn't know any of Spanish. His teachers literally gave up on teaching him because he is "learning too slow". He is 23 and has only been a member for a little over a year.  But now, a week later, I can carry on a conversation with him. The gift of tongues is real!!!!  I have sent a package home but to Sweetgrass and it should be there either today or tomorrow, but there is a surprise for dad. There is also a letter for Teiler, James and Erin and then an envelope with pics in it... In Florida, I might send just a bunch of handwritten letters at a time in a small box cause then it is about a third the cost. I might be able to call tonight (Thursday) because my departure changed, AGAIN!!! so be sure to be home.  My mission president is amazing! Sister Anderson is seriously the sweetest woman ever, besides you mom!  But I came up to President Anderson and went to shake his hand and he said "I don't give handshakes to my boys" and gave me a huge hug and told me he loved me...it was amazing!  And Sister Anderson's handshake is like a handshake from an angel.  With the mission blog, it is going to be shut down most likely because of issues with privacy of elders and sisters. So they are going to set up a Facebook page with all the same pics on it... but it wont show or tell who we have baptized or where we are, it will just have pics of us and our comps basically... I am getting along very well with my new comps here.  Hopefully I will talk to you all tonight...


When Elder Maki met his new mission president, president Anderson, he asked Kodi what his hobbies and interests were.  Kodi mentioned that he loves to play the guitar, and President Anderson said, "well it's a good thing you're allowed to play them in our mission then isn't it".  He's not allowed to have his own, but he is allowed to play members' or investigators' guitars.  I'm sure he will have many many opportunities to play cause almost every home in his mission has a guitar. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment