Thursday, June 16, 2011

MY NEW ROLE AT THE MTC.


Hey Mom,
Cómo estan?  Estoy muy bien y estoy feliz para estar aqua.  I haven’t received any letters from you.   Make sure that you have the departure date as July 5, and MTC  box 212 on it. 

So Alex (Elder Hogenson) entered the MTC today and is on the same floor in school!!   I gave him a big hug and talked in Spanish with him, which he didn’t understand any of lol!  

Yesterday was a really emotional day, because my district left, but last night, I felt the Spirit of the Lord comfort me and when it was my turn to bare my testimony in district meeting (with the district I joined) I just started crying.  I then explained why I was crying.   After explaining that the relationships that you build with your district are amazing.   I said it was a crying shame that this district has no sisters in it, but said it is a life long relationship.  Then I bore my real testimony.  I said, “I  know now, I can feel it, that there is or will be someone here that I will need to help, I don’t know who yet.  I know this gospel is true.  How can I not believe?   How can I not believe that what I am feeling is the spirit.  How can I not believe that I am needed?   We are all sent out to save lives, we all bare the light of Christ, and we all have to have it turned on so people can see it in the darkness of this world, and lead them away from the edge and away from that great and spacious building.  We all bare three names on our chest.   Elder, which is the name of your ward family.  you bare your own name, of your family, and we all bare the name of Jesus Christ.  How can we not believe in the gospel?¨  There was not a dry eye in that room.  

Teiler my dear brother, I feel you need encouragement or a reassurance... mi querido hermano, fear not and be of good cheer, for the Lord thy God is with thee, whithersoever thou goest.  Make sure to kneel every night, and here is what I have noticed; begin your prayer, thank, account sins and ask for forgiveness, ask,  and do not close your prayer.   But, with faith, listen... I love you Teiler!   Always remember that.   I hope this is ok for me to do this but, as a missionary, I have power to do so, through God of course, I pray that your hands may guided as you right your exams. I pray that you will be calm and at peace, and have faith that you will do well.  I have a strong feeling to tell you not just that I love you  but that your Father in Heaven loves you, and your elder brother Jesus the Christ, and if you but ask, whatever you desire, will be given to you.  I love you so much Teiler.  I never realized how much until I came on my mission.   My mission means everything to me right now, this is where I need to be and my shoulder is doing great!
I love you all and thank you for your prayers!
Yours always,
Elder Maki

No comments:

Post a Comment