Monday, November 7, 2011

GARGANTUAN IGUANA

Just a note from US first.  If you read back all of Elder Maki's letters you will see how his English is getting worse and worse.  Hopefully in a year we can still make sense of his letters.

Dear Mommy!
      Hey everyone!!! So all in all everything is well. hey that rhymed haha, anyway, oh the Three baptism thing ok, so , Eduardo, he has 45 years, was baptized on top of his amazing conversion story, quit drugs, smoking, drinking, coffee, tea. Then he got his daughter who has 11 years into it, Niki, she got baptized by the testimony of her dad, and then Felipe who has 17 years, who is a different kid with a lot of stories wanted to change his life, so he got baptized.  Now Eduardo is engaged, to his ex girlfriend from Peru who has 38-ish anos and her name is Giovanna, they will be married and then after that, she will be baptized by Eduardo.  They are very excited to go through the temple together. 



I cant even explain, how much my mission has significance in my life.  it has changed who I am, as you have witnessed.  but i am still a little crazy haha. i am still a teenager for a couple more months. haha.  anyway, Elder Bishop and I have been getting along great. we understand each others humour, and we make up stories in Spanish, by saying a sentence each and sometimes the stories end up talking about a horse that ate a man and died but was resurrected and had a perfect body and turned into a man, and became someone who said everything perfectly so he could say it was straight from the horses mouth. ya it gets funny sometimes.  but i have some pics to send..



The pic of the iguana is cool, i took the picture from about 10 feet away WITHOUT zoom, the thing was about 6-ish feet long and its big green eyes were the size of a quarter. there is your lizard Teiler. haha... well.  the wind has picked up down here and it reminds me of home haha, except my wind comes from the ocean. I bought myself a bike computer and in a week we have travelled a total of 65 miles, and a top speed of 34.5 miles/hour, with the wind of course.  Hermana Cecilia is crazy eh? (AHAA still Canadian!!) she loves us lol.. she takes pics of us when we are just standing there. its hilarious.  Dad I am glad the encouragement of your slightly inexperienced and overly excited, and slightly better looking son helped you realize your potential.  haha, just remember what president Uchdorf said, DONT LIVE BELOW YOUR POTENTIAL.  You have provided you family with probably the best life we could ask for.  You have given us what we need.  Mom too, your contribution to our family welfare is a sacrifice that I will never be fully grateful for because you continue to impress me with your faith.  The other day i was studying about Eternal Marriage to teach to Eduardo and Giovanna, and a thought came into my mind, I wonder what kind of person I will marry, and who would marry me? so i pondered on that for a while, while reading, when I received personal revelation which came to my mind and said "take no thought of it now, but your eternal companion will be one of your dearest friends who has and will stand by you in all that you do." so now I know what kind of girl to look for when I get home but not a moment sooner right? haha  It was really nice to know that. but oh I received the letter from Caileigh so i no longer need your help in trying to get her address.  oh in your next package down here, make sure you send it by the United States Postal Service, but you know that brown fuzzy blanket we have at home, I would like that, and whatever you would like to send me, oh more jam please lol,,, my companion likes it.  lol.. the temperature is dropping here and it gets really cold now that the time has been changed, so the sun is down at 6:30 pm so at least we don't sweat as much at night lol.. but I need to leave myself, but until next week, I love you all, Teiler send me a letter next week lol,,
keep me updated


p.s. the picture of me on the bike, the guy in the car was screaming at me haha
yours always,, yup yup yup
Elder Maki

No comments:

Post a Comment