Thursday, May 5, 2011

THE WEEKLY LETTER

It's nice to know when your missionary is going to be writing to you!  It's sort of like having a little bit of Christmas every week.  Checking that email is really fun.  Especially for Mom.   Hopefully soon we will get some pictures to add to some of these blogs!

Hola mi querido Familia!!! Comó están? three weeks in and the experience keeps getting better and better! My companion is the best!!  The weeks seem to go by as a day, there are now 2300 missionaries here, and we will be getting a new district next Wednesday.  The cookies were good, I lost a belt hole cause of my weight gain, i love it tho, i am filling out alot more. 155 pounds and holding for now.  I need 15+ really nice ties... they want us to be able to wear a different tie for 2 weeks without using one twice.  My ankle is better, I just bruised it pretty bad in volleyball.  I need to know the exact mailing address so i can mail you guys the pics of my first week and such.  The spirit here is sooooooooo strong!!! Mom I sure hope you feel better soon. Haha the day Usama Bin Laden was killed was a awesome day here!  Oh the blessings of being in the MTC and I have only been here for 3 weeks!  My teachers are the best!!  Hermano Krueger is truly a jewel and Hermano Angus is just a big goof!  The Spanish is coming along muy bien and the spirit gets stronger everyday.  It is a culture shock especially 3 weeks in because you are surrounded by the gospel 24/7.  Whats the difference between Prison and the MTC?  You can have visitors in Prison.  It is considered Spirit prison. Oh and Dad, the Dorm I am staying in is the same as yours was, the Joseph Wilford Boothe building, room 319 on the 3rd floor!  A couple of my friends from mission prep live on the same floor too.  It has been really nice here lately, now that the tornadoes are over.  Its been about 60+ for the past 3 or 4 days. every morning however it gets harder and harder to wake up but mostly because I am sick.   Oh and I WANT MORE COOKIES LOL packages are a missionary's dream!.  Oh and tell Everybody about the blog... you should seriously see my scriptures dad, 45 markers!  Anyway I gots to go and do the Lord's work.
I love you so much Mom, Dad Teiler and Tiibo! I miss you all.  Stay strong! 
Yours always
Elder Maki

Now I just need to get out my mission pics and see what my room number was.  Wouldn't that be totally cool if he is in the same room that I was in some 28 years ago.  I hope that they've changed the carpets!

No comments:

Post a Comment