Thursday, May 19, 2011

OUCH! NEED SOME PRAYERS

Hola Mamá.
     I regret to inform all of you that I have had an unfortunate thing happen to me on monday evening at about 730 pm.  My shoulder was sore from volleyball so I was massaging it when the shoulder completely slipped out of its socket, and you know how I have been able to do this for a while si?  Eso tiempo (this time) it wouldnt go back in so the MTC took me to the ER, they did X-RAYS and tried to reset the ball back in and it would just keep sliding out. They informed me after examining the x-rays that I have to have it surgically replaced...:'(   .  You know when you stretch an elastic band too many times how it looses elasticity?  Same thing with tendons.  Mine are over stretched and need to be fixed.  I see the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow and he is going to explain the surgery,  I will not have to come home but I will have a 3 month painful recovery. and the surgery should be covered by missionary medical but I gave them my insurance stuff and they said it should be fine.  For all who read this, yo pido para sus oraciones (i ask for your prayers) as this is excruciatingly painful.    I am in a sling which keeps it immobilized til the surgery. Sus oraciones ayudarame muy mucho si?  Mamá yo siento mal que usted tiene oír esa. Y estoy muy nervioso para esta cugiría.  (mama, I feel bad that you have to hear this and I am very nervous for this surgery) Pero yo sé que su fe y mi fe en Jesucristo y por Su expiación.   I can be healed. (but i know that your faith and my faith in Jesus Christ and through his atonement, i can be healed.) Le qierro mamá.

   On a happier note, how is everything? I am a little discouraged by the length of the last few letters, I want long ones lol.  I love reading them when I am reading like a story.   Again mom I am sorry you have to read this, I can just imagine you crying right now while reading it and it breaks my heart to even think about it. Thank you so much for the ties!!! and the quote thingy-magiggers they are asombroso!!!  Lets have a challenge mom,,, ready, the one who has the most marked up/cross referenced set of escrituras when I get home wins ok? lol   I got a pic with Dallin and I will send it home sometime when I can actually use my right arm.   Yes I have to write with my left and I am getting pretty good lol.   In the pic of Dallin and I you can tell I have gained a lot of weight cause of my face lol. I cant help it I love the food here!.   Entonces, oh mom, with my recovery and things, I will write in the study notebook on lds.org,  log into my account, under tools, my study notebook and you should see new entries every time I have a computer class ok?  I love you all!
The pain I have is excruciating but nothing as to what the Lord endured for all of us, let us all remember His sacrifice and also be the ones willing to die for what we believe in.   Stand for what you believe in.  Who cares what everybody else thinks right?  My prayers are with all of you and I am thankful for ur support.   I hope the MTC will allow me to call u before the surgery, either way u will get a phone call... Les quierro Mucho!!!
yours always even debilitated.
Elder Maki

No comments:

Post a Comment