Sunday, September 18, 2011

EL PORTAL



We have been renovating our kitchen the past three weeks and sent Elder Maki some pictures of the tear out and rebuild.  This is his response.

Wow Everything looks different in the house!!! looks like pretty much you are building a new house! oh well. I cant wait to see more pics... ok so this week was a little disappointing besides our 4 baptismal date commitments for October. Its a pretty interesting story what happened to us this week... ok so first Monday was P-Day, Tuesday we saw an investigator and set a baptism date, Wednesday we had no success in finding, Thursday we were sick, cuz on Tuesday we had 4 meal appointments, Friday Elder Stubbs had a trainers meeting and I went to El Portal with Elder Beer and Elder Hanna, while there our very first lesson, we get there, lock up our bikes, (btw el portal is the ghetto of Miami) we get into our lesson and perform the lesson extend a baptismal date, leave, talk to a guy standing in his yard, and go to get on our bikes, and all the tires were slashed!!!!!!!!! Every single stinking tire!!!!!!!!! And everything that was on our bikes, (Lights and mud-flaps, PEDALS) were all gone, they tried to steal my front tire and my seat, I put my seat on really good but the tire they almost got besides the fact they couldn't get past the brakes muahahaha. But we spent 2 hours fixing everything and we found our pedals in the middle of the next street over because they were just plastic.  They cant get drugs for something that cheep.  But anyway, that's my interesting story for this week. But everything happens for a reason, right? so I had to go and get new lights and stuff, and get a tune up on my bike, all my spokes were kicked in and about 10-50 holes per tire, it was a fun day. haha. But anyway everythings all good now... There is a bike shop and the guy that owns it is not a member but has a history of about 30 years helping the missionaries out with bike stuff.  So that was fun.   Ok so Noria and Kashmil are strong and Kashmil was confirmed yesterday and I performed that and it was great. She felt the "baptism of fire" she said. Sister Gonsalez called me about 2 minutes after she hung up with you on what was it Thursday something like that, and she told me everything lol... I am glad to here everything is ok there. Everything is great here and the temperature has been around 90-110 the last couple days, and of course 100% humidity haha.  I am getting pretty dark too! especially spending two hours in the sun at 2 in the afternoon fixing bikes! Last night we added another 3 investigators and 2 baptismal dates!!!  Can't complain really.   So we have been spit upon, mud thrown in our faces, tires slashed, robbed, beaten (not really, just hit but beaten sounds cooler HAHA), burnt, screamed at, loved, honored, remembered, worshipped (haha that was a funny story) chased down to find out more, but mostly.......rejected haha, oh well we are to plant the seed right.   So ya I have pics of the bikes but I forgot my camera so I will send them next week. So Teiler, how is everything??? How's school? Tiene una novia todavia? hehe, que tal una feche con una mujer? hahaha, hay muchas mujeres aqui quien te amaria, hahahahaha. entonces, translate that.  Oh and we ran into a tranny that looked like Bronco (Brutus) this week!!!!!!!  Tell dad that!!   I nearly peed my pants laughing before  I even started talking to him hahahahaha sooooooooo funny.   So other than that I dont think there is anymore to talk about.
So from the first family missionary (immediate and grandchild) Pues adios!
Suya para siempre, hahahah yup
Elder Maki

No comments:

Post a Comment