Monday, July 11, 2011

GOOD NEWS! I FINALLY GRADUATED FROM THE MTC

Well we can finally stop biting our nails!  Today, Monday, is Elder Maki's new p-day for the next 2 wks.  All the questions and waiting for news on his where-abouts is no longer an issue.  Here is his letter dated today.

Hey everybody...my p-day is now monday, and you can now ONLY EMAIL ME... I got cleared by the Doctor but because of the transfer, I missed it by one day, so I have to wait for 3 more weeks...good news tho, they temporarily reassigned me to the Salt Lake City Spanish mission... so I am here, I have been here since Thursday and I am LOVING IT...teaching real people and all that fun stuff lol.   Mom sorry for not writing or calling on thursday but I found out about the Utah mission and they said they wanted me the same day within the hour, so I had to go back to the res and pack like crazy... The spanish people here are awesome!  The spanish they taught me in the MTC is not the spanish that is spoken here lol... they speak alot faster and slurr their words, but everyday I am learning more and more...my companions are now Elder Gomez from Spain, and Elder Jubitz from Oregon...they are awesome and their are troopers for putting up with me lol.   As always I only have 30 mins for email so fast emails and stuff lol.    Anyway, it is awesome here, my first sunday was really cool,  I understood most of what was said. We have something like 8 investigators and all of them love us, except the parents of the one young investigator of ours...   All is well with me and I look forward to hearing from you next week.   
On the 26th of this month is when I leave for Florida also.  I love you all and I thank you for your support... Oh and I had my first experience with an answer to a prayer with numbers...  We were praying for how many baptisms we are to have this month (July) and I kept thinking of the number 3,,, Three ended up being the same number of my companions too.   It was amazing... I thought that the field would be completely different than it is... I love it here in Utah, I just cant wait to get to Florida lol.   The Lord is just testing me I know it... 
Teiler, te amo mi hermano, keep the faith in the Lord and you will be blessed.  I promise you this as a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ.   Just remember what Nephi said, and what I want you to do, "I will Go and Do".   I love you Teiler. :D 
Dad, Que tal mi padre? you hardly write to me anymore lol,   I want to here more from you ok?  Thanx...oh my charger broke for my camera so there is no way to charge my battery :(   so I need to find a new camera.   I will look around but I wont get one till I hear from you next week. I love you all.  Ire, y hare que lo el senor ha mandado...


Suyos para siempre


Elder Maki

No comments:

Post a Comment