Monday, April 30, 2012

THE ORTHOPOD DIARIES



Again I feel I need to precursor Elder Maki's letter with some explanation.  He met with an Orthopod (Orhtopedic Surgeon) and had an MRI and consult with him.  This particular Doctor is not a member of the church and is known to be very blunt and direct with his patients.  We can tell that Elder Maki is still discouraged at his physical limitations and discomfort.  However we have talked to his doctors as well as his Mission President and we know that he will be able to recover in the mission field.  Dr Staheli is confident that with steroids and other treatments as well as physio therapy he will get better.  So, on to the letter.....


Dearest Mommy,

Thank you for your letter, I saw the Dr. on friday and today, had an MRI and stuff and let me just say a few words...and sorry if these are hurtful in anyway.  I know President doesn't want to send me home, i don't want to go home, but get this, my pain is getting worse. I can hardly walk, i am getting ZERO sleep. i am running on empty. About your experience in the celestial room mom, at that moment, i felt i needed to do the reaching up, and grabbing the robe. I did, i reached up, but he didn't heal me, (now this was a dream btw) He helped me up, and told me, whatever happens, is for your benefit, and you are in my hands.. i then asked him, "if i leave, wilt thou accept my very best effort?" he replied with a gentle "I love you, how could i not?" Mom, Dad and Teiler, your prayers and fasts mean everything to me.  I know it is according to my faith, i have the faith to be healed, and please understand that i want to finish my mission. But this isn't a matter of wants, it is a matter of needs. i spoke with the Dr, today, and the first words he said as he walked into the room, "so you staying or going?" I told him "I think i am going" and he told me, "that is what you need, your MRI is fine, nevertheless, your pain is getting worse, you cant walk, twist, bend, allergy to anti-inflammatories, sleep...the best thing for you right now is swimming and rest.  i know you don't want to go, but i cannot treat you, if i do, it will cost you upwards of 4-6000 dollars."  I am trying to talk to president but he won't answer.  Please understand, i have prayed and fasted to know what is best, every scripture i read, every feeling i feel, which is a peaceful feeling, directs me home... your prayers mean everything and understand and know that they are not wasted, for your prayers have kept me going. there is only one want that gets fulfilled, that is what the Lord wants... If the Lord needs me home then he needs me home.. 


Yesterday was my spiritual boost for the week, we were at a noche de hogar (FHE) and it was really good, and then the girl, Michelle, afterward told us something that has been happening to her for a long time, (this came after giving sis. rodriguez a blessing for her back, and elizabeth a blessing of comfort,) and she asked us to give her a blessing of protection, an evil presence has been following her around and was looking for something... so we asked her where it happened most, she said in her room. i go in and imediately feel the presence.  I look at her, and i tell her it was there... we did the same thing we did with sister Nava and Maria, we dedicated the home and we cast out the Devils, i was literally talking to him, and he was talking back, but my faith surpassed my fear. and I commanded him to leave. after the blessing and dedication, we gave Michelle the blessing of protection and I passed out...dont worry, it was because of the spirit... like Ammon and his brethren.. It was amazing.. very powerful. 


Elder Maki's apartment in Sunset
Mom, Dad, Teiler. If i come home, know that i did my best, that the Lord is pleased with what i have done, because i asked him as i would ask dad. And i heard is voice saying "all is well my son. Return with Honor" Mom, Dad, and Teiler, i cannot express my love to you, but know that i am fighting with all my strength, mom you know all too well what it is like working on 0 sleep and with severe pain..Mosiah 3:7..... whatever happens, its in the Lord's hands, and i would ask you, as my family, to accept that... I know i will need to return home, i do not know when, but it is soon... Dr. Staheli is talking to president right now, and then i will talk to president myself, and we will figure something out... I KNOW that i need to return home, accept that fact, Dad, i have prayed for the strength, I am receiving it as i need it... But not only I, but the elders, and the Dr,s know that if i continue, i will end up in the hospital... we don't want that...on a scale on 1-10 my pain level is 9, no joke, if you could see me you would know...I am sorry if this letter was hurtful, but i needed you to understand my side...But not my will, but the will of my father in heaven, be done.  I love you all so much...Talk to you soon.


Yours Always, well...whats left of me anyway haha,


Elder Maki

No comments:

Post a Comment