Monday, April 23, 2012

DISCOURAGED, NEED PRAYERS

Well this is one of those letters that I had a difficult time trying to decide if I should post it or not.  But after much consideration and prayer I feel that I should share it with you all.  Sometimes health issues, sickness, and other things can cause a missionary to become discouraged.  Discouragement is one of the ways which Lucifer can thwart the work.  So with that in mind, feel free to read this letter.  


UPDATE: We have since spoken with President Anderson, and received a letter from Dr. Stahli, who has already met with and examined Elder Maki.  Things are not as gloomy as this letter may make them seem.  We are confident that Elder Maki will be able to stay out on his mission and finish the work that he has been called to do.  He will be having an MRI soon and meeting with the Orthopedic Surgeon to discuss the findings.  


Mission calls are so inspired.  We really feel that Elder Maki was called to his mission, not only to find those who are waiting for him specifically, but because there is someone there who will be able to help him medically, and either diagnose his condition or be able to prescribe a solution to his issues.  The pain is his leg and lower back are completely unrelated to his back issues he had before he left.  So this is something new, and could be as simple as a spider bite or some type of reaction to something; or it could be more complicated.  We are hopeful though and know that his care is in the hands of the Lord.  We hope and pray that you will add your faith, fasting and prayers to ours for him.  Thank You for your love and support to Elder Maki.


Now on to the letter...




Dear Mom
Once again, i need you all to sit down. What i am going to tell you all is very sad and upsetting.  first of all, all i want you to do right now, at exactly this moment, is turn to page 22 in this months ensign and read the title.................................................................did you read it? if so, you know the title of this letter..... i am very disheartened, depressed, scared lo que sea. Mom, Dad, Teiler, this might be my last transfer in my mission..... I as district leader, had an exchange with elder Hanson, an A.P, and the purpose of the exchange was to see if my back is ok to work, Elder Hanson, expressed concern, and I was not able to work very hard. He talked to Pres. and he came to our apartment on Saturday, and asked me to see an orthopaedic surgeon, so hopefully this week i will get it to see Dr. Stringham, a member who understands very well missionary work and how difficult it already is let alone having a very bad back... The other 3 elders in the apartment, along with our ward mission leader and 2 of our ward missionaries, gave me a blessing yesterday morning, and it was when Elder Dean was saying, "If it be God's will, Be thou Healed" that everybody in that room, knew i would get better, but it might not be here in the mission field.. Sister Rodriguez, was crying not because it was a powerful blessing, but because she knew i would have to leave my mission to recover. If i do return home, i would beg of all of you, to not think less of me because i didn't serve my full time, but that i served my best.. I did the Lord's will, i fought the good fight.  But i am not done yet. I feel very strongly that maybe the reason why i may need to return home is to take care of Teiler, He is losing his anchors. I may not be strong physically enough for him, but i can be that spiritual anchor he needs... I fear not of going home, but i fear of what people may think, the missionaries here, the ward back home, so on and so forth.. When i met with pres. on saturday, he told me, "i don't want to send you home, i cant lose you.  Mom, Dad, Teiler, i do not want to come home, but it might be necessary.  but my mission wont end when the name tag comes off.  i will be the best member missionary anyone has ever seen.. the last thing i want to do is to say when talking to mom by skype, is "see you in a few days". i am not ready yet. i need to hit my goal of 40 baptisms, i have 18 right now. ok enough crying Elder Maki, lol.. I promise i will do my best, if my mission is done, then that is the lord's will. As soon as the lord permits i will go to the temple, whether at the end of my mission or at home, and i will ask him "I did my best, wilt thou accept my very best effort?" i just hope that answer will be yes.  Mom i am sorry for this letter, i can just imagine  you right now, i  hate seeing women cry, especially women i love.. Everybody knows i will be coming back here. i know that! who knows maybe i will even live here! i fear your response letter jaja. President Anderson may be talking to you soon about the situation..But just know that i love you and i am doing my best. President saw me walking and was very concerned. he told me to stay off the bike and don't walk alot.. i have lost 20 pounds and i am very weak.. i am not sleeping and i am very tired jaja... i hate to say it, but its gonna happen sooner or later, or by skype jaja , see you soon... i hope its the skype option... I love you all, so much! 


Yours Always,
Elder Maki


Oh and Sister Snyder Got Baptized
Yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment