Monday, March 26, 2012

STAYING STRONG

Hey Mommy.
well the back still hurts but i have decided after staying in the apt for 2 weeks to get out and work, the Lord with care for me. it has been hard to adjust to walking with a cane.. ok so that story goes like this... so I told the mission doctor that i am having strong difficulties walking because of the virus. which now infects my lower back also. and as you remember this virus causes the muscles to break down, so that is why i have the cane, and why they told me to have the cane, is because i have a week lower back, they want as much support as possible, so they gave me the cane idea, and i was like ok whatever. but its not so bad.  i look old hahaha... they also want me to take physical therapy but it would cost me 90 dollars a visit to do what i need to do.  with the missionary medical plan i only have to pay 10 dollars but i know what i need to do.  they want me to exercise my back and my abs, but i am not to be moving my back, so they want me to buy an electric pulse machine to work out my abs and my back, i don't got money for that, and i am not allowed to go online, so that's where i need your help, if you find one for a good price, would you be so kind as to purchase it and send it my way? a good one is the Contour ab belt. it is pretty pricey tho like 200 dollars or something. 


ok so now to the spiritual experience. ok so this past weekend we had another 3 baptisms, ya you can just call me John the Baptist haha, jk jk, in the mission that is the nickname they give the missionaries who have baptized the most in the month... we have had a baptism almost every week this month it is great... i left Miami Beach with 7, and in 1 transfer i have almost doubled it,.. XD makes me happy XD but anyway, last monday, we both had the spiritual impression to knock on a couple doors and found our eternal investigators house, and we were having a family home evening so we invited them and it was awesome, we watched the testaments, and they were all crying and they committed to be baptized this past weekend. so it was very nice.. it was very spiritual and powerful to see eternal gators get baptized. awesome!!!  you never told me when James goesinto the MTC, QUE PASO? and quick, tell RYAN i am so proud of him and get his mission address so i can write him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   oh and when elder flores leaves for home, i will be sending you emails in spanish that i want you to forward to him ok thanks! XD TEILER! QUEPASO CHICO MALO!!! i didnt get a letter form you this week! i want to know how the heck are you? next week right? ok good. smell you later! anyway, Mom and Dad you have no need to worry about me, wait your myparents its your job, so never mind.  jaja it is hard but you know what? what Christ did was harder... (MOM! keep having FHE's that are spiritual power-bombs, like you!) I received revelation about my back situation.  just like stated to Joseph Smith, my trials and tribulations are to be for my experience and my benefit, so i will endure them to the best of my ability... i gotta go but until next week, Portense bien! chow pescado. i got pics!!!


Yours Always,
Elder Maki

1 comment:

  1. Kodi you are such an amzing young man. I love your faith and your closeness to our Father in Heaven. So happy to hear that all is going well. We love you!!

    ReplyDelete