Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WHERE'S THE LETTERS?

As you must be aware, a mother must hear from her missionary regularly.  Well it had been a week since we dropped Elder Maki off at the MTC and we still hadn't received any emails from him.  I know that they are allowed to email from the MTC so we were expecting that he would have had a P-day by now.  But still no emails.  So as it turns out, we had the info for Kodi's lds mail account.  So if figured, worst case scenario, he was not sending the emails to the proper address.  It was a long shot but I figured I'd try.  So I logged into his myldsmail account and began searching for some clue that he hadn't forgotten to send his mother that long awaited email.  Couldn't find any clues at all, but just as I was about to scold him long distance, I looked in his sent mail folder and BINGO!  He had actually sent two emails, one on the 15th and the other on his P-day. He hadn't already forgotten bout his family, he was alive, and he did address them to his mother.  Wanna see em'?
OK here they are.

Dear Mom,
             Hola mi quiero padres,  I love it here and i love the people i am getting to know! my companion is Elder Dowdle and for sake of time i will not attach any fotos, but i love you so much.  Teiler as I have been here, I have come to realize, it IS ok to be good.  I keep on keeping on, especially with the whole armor of God.  Te amo Hermano!  I have dug my garden, my seeds are growing, and within the next few weeks I as well as you will reap the blessings thereof.  I love you guys so much! (btw forward this msg minus the dear mom to the rest of the FamJam! garacias.) The MTC is great! Elder Dowdle and I along with our roommates Elder Kata (tongan) y Elder Edwards (utah) already pray in spanish and we are all going to the same Mission.  Anyway Mi Nombre es Elder Maki, you voy el misionero de la iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias.  Te Queido mis padres y mi Hermano!
always yours, but now, also the Lord's, Elder Maki

Dear Mom,
       Hola mis padres! This place is amazing, the spirit is so strong! Last night was emotional and the in the fireside Elder David B. Wirthlin spoke.  A relation to you know who was amazing and the closing song was the most amazing rendition of called to serve that I ever sung. I had to stop because I was crying! I didn't receive your last letter because we don't get mail on Saturdays or Sundays so hopefully today. My companion is AWESOME!!! lol . He is a big goof and I need you guys to send me another 8GB sd card for my camera, we cant upload pics here so I will send my card home, you will upload it and send it back, and I will fill the other card up and send it and it will be a cycle si? Anyway Les Quiero Mucho! Teiler, you Better serve a mission. it is amazing!!!  Yo se que el envengelio de el Senor Jesucristo es verdadero. y familiares es eternidad. nuestros Padre Celestial vives, en el nombre de Jesucristo. Amen.

Pretty Cool Eh?  So we have sent him some emails correcting the faulty email address.  Wouldn't it be cool if the person he sent them to wasn't a member and ended up joining the church.  That would be like a general conference kind of story.

I am sure that we will (and by we I mean Mom) be waiting anxiously every Monday for those treasured snippets of Elder Maki's new life.  We already have seen such a change and growth in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment