Monday, February 27, 2012

SUNSET NORTH


Hello Mommy!

Well dad, I am in the opposite of sunrise, i am in Sunset North area, in the City of Miami, in the suburb of Kendall, in the Homestead Zone.  I am with Elder Flores as my comp.  He is from Honduras.  Finally a native companion, now my Spanish is going to have a kick in the butt haaha.. it is a bilingual area, the WARD is in Spanish and English.  Translation obviously.  I miss Miami Beach tho... mostly just thePeople but oh well,, mostly Cecilia and Eduardo.. Eduardo means a lot to me, he changed not only my mission but my life entirely.  this next week we will have 6-ish baptisms by the way... awesome right? ya its awesome! oh and chechi is just Cecilia's nickname... and we are in a 4-man apartment and it is so much fun!!! and Elder Flores goes home at the end of the transfer, so i will have to step up my skills and pull the area through the eye of the needle.. but i am excited.. Elder Flores has already taught me sooo much...and i thought the branch in Miami Beach fed me well, its a ward here, so i eat more! lol.. this past week i met one of the investigators Mayi, and she will be baptisized on the this next Sunday.. along with her daughter and Connie, Eliszabeth, Luisa and Demi.  we have ben working really hard lol... oh and i think i have found another mission mom besides Sister Anderson and Cecilia, her name is Karol Rodriguez, returned missionary who we see every night.  Elizabeth, luisa and demi and Mayi were all referrals from her..


Teiler whats up bro? 
Dude i am in a huge area, and CSI Miami is filmed in the area i am in! its awesome, i actually saw the filming crew the other day doing the famous, Hummer-driving-on-road shot. i live right off that road and can see it from my apartment, btw dad i live in a townhouse so there is no address and if there is i don't know it yet lol.. so ya ... ok now to the Stirling 1st Ward.  I love you all so much.


Yours Always Elder Maki 


Dear Stirling 1st Ward 


If there is anything i am more thankful for than my mission itself, and to my Father in Heaven, is to all of you who have taught me so much. You all have helped me to realize my potential and to always Choose The Right.  You have all taken care of my family and I.  You have always had the "eye single to the glory of God" and have always helped others. I quote Jeffery R. Holland's MTC address when i say that no body else's mission has had such an astonishing effect on ones soul as my mission has had on mine. My Mission means everything to me.  and I thank you for helping me get out here.. The strength of the Church in Stirling is amazing to see, I truly consider it Zion.  But, everywhere we look there are the lost sheep waiting to be found, let us all together find them and bring them to Christs Fold,  for he said,  "other sheep have I that are not of this Fold, and them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice, and there shall be one fold, and one sheppard."  Thank you for everything... Until we meet again, God be with all of you my brothers and sisters. 


Yours Truly,


Elder Kodi Maki

No comments:

Post a Comment