Monday, May 7, 2012

SOLDIERING ON!!



Again let me begin by giving some back ground info of the past week and the goings on.  We conducted a special fast for Elder Maki on the 29th of April with family and a few friends.  Then our entire ward fasted for him on fast sunday.  The opening prayer in Sacrament meeting was amazing as pleas were given from the pulpit that Edler Maki would be granted strength to overcome his infirmities.  Very touching, and everyone we talked to said that they were and are praying for his recovery and adding their faith to ours that he will get better.

Dearest Mommy!

Well this past week was a "what the heck" week, first, we are a trio now, Elder Gutierrez was emergency transferred and Elder Dean, Elder Shepherd and I were put into a trio to tackle both areas.. its hard let me tell ya! especially because my pain is getting worse......they gave me tramodol, the closest thing to a narcotic without being one, and cyclobenzaprine, a muscle relaxant... knocks me right out, therefore it is difficult to work cuz i am so weak, and i am loopy and groggy... i got a couple pictures to show you..haha it is really whacked out... un poco extra~o. 


btw dad, when you said Alex hasn't found Henrice yet i busted a gut laughing cuz it is spelled, Enrique... the way you spelled it would be pronounced herise. lol anyway, dad that is a way cool idea with the saunas, hey i could even design them for you, with my architecture skizizles.. this last week was easier for me to get out cuz now i am in a car and i can actually get out there, i can't harvest...so president is mad at me because of that, but i told him that i am unable to walk until i can get some treatments,,, so you said don't worry about money? it is going to cost upwards of about 4000-6000 dollars but ok lol.  I have done the complete opposite of give up hope, I have asked for those blessings, i got a blessing last night about the situation i am in and the words that came from the Lord through Elder Shepherds mouth said these words "you have worried about leaving early because of the pain, i say to you, Have i not spoken peace to your heart? have i not comforted you? stand still and know that you are being watched very carefully, and being taken care of.." i was wowed.  There was my wow moment dad lol...so ya don't worry i will serve my heart out.  I told president i am not giving up.  I passed out this past week which scared the crap out of president and everybody.  but i am back on my feet now...and i will carry on... Onward Christian Soldiers! 


This mission is being watched by the General Authorities and they love what we are doing and are taking "the harvest" around the world... President told them, , this is not a surprise to this mission, but it comes because we have the best missionaries the world that the church has ever seen... i want to be apart of what happens next! don't worry mom, i wont come home by my free will and choice. 




Its starting to get humid here again...ay ay ay... oh ya and i will be skyping at 7:00 sunday night my time, 5:00 your time. i look forward  to it...i want to speak Spanish so badly but you only speak English lol... How are Ryans Visa stuff going? Oh and i am teaching a CANADIAN!!!!!!!!!!! he is super cool and he is as good as baptized!!! I bought another CTR ring on deseretbooks.com because my other one i gave to Maria, haha she wanted a spinny CTR ring so yesterday i gave it to her. but the CTR ring i bought broke :( so i am going to buy another one. i will use the MSF card tho, (missionary support fund) But i love you and thank you for all the prayers and fasting! it may not have cured me, but it has given me the strength to carry on.. until sunday, nos vemos!


Elder Dean and Elder Shephard
Yours Always,


Elder Maki (Gimpy)




No comments:

Post a Comment